BusinessObjects Board

Same Dimensions are not linked automatically

Hi, All:

I have a question here, it is related with both Reporter and Designer. I have three queries in one report, using to link. But when I click the cube, and found that the are not automatically linked. I linked manually, then open it again, I couldn’t see the arrow.

I just set up a few contexts using “Detect Context”. I wonder if I really need to have context, according to the “Detect Context”.

In this case, when I tried to drag some objects from the 2nd query and drop it in the table where 1st table resides. It won’t allow me. I then created detailed objects for some of the objects from 2nd query, then i can drop them in the same table. I wonder if the data will be correct by doing so.

Thank you so much for your help.

Lilly

Lilly J (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

Lilly,

I have found on some occassions that getting the proper linking to work requires dropping the objects into the table before you link the DPs. Experiment. But check your results, just to be sure.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi, Michael:

Thank you for your response. The problem is I can’t drop some objects into the table using the first query.

Lilly

Lilly J (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

Lilly,

If you’d like to send the report to me, I’d be happy to see if I can figure out what is going wrong. :wave:

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

You have to watch your Linking. If it is forced to “Invent” Data, your results will not be correct. By that I mean that there are different levels of aggregation happening between the dataproviders.

Also note that you cannot bring in Dimensions from multiple data providers together. Only Detail and Measure objects can cross this thresh-hold (as you may have noticed). You can either turn it into a detail object (at the universe level), or you can create a report-variable that is a “detail” of the original.

-RM

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

The Variables are not compatible FAQ has more info on combining objects from multiple data providers within a single block.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)