BusinessObjects Board

Runningsum by Quarter/Product level

Hi Team,
I have created runningsum at quarter level in the report. But It’s not aggregating properly when i pulled the dimensions in the table. I am expecting result in the below mentioned format.
Eg: (Q1- Product1 +Q2 - Product1 + Q3 - Product1 + Q4 - Product1)
It should calculate based on dimension dynamically. Can you please let me know any thoughts

give us some example of your table,
how does it look?
what results do you see?
what results do you expect?

Thanks for your N8AKTIV

Quarter product Expected value original value
Q1 abc 1000 1000
Q1 def 200 200
Q2 abc 1300 300
Q2 def 600 400

A dimension is never going to aggregate automatically. A measure can, but it won’t in this context. You need to create a variable using the RunningSum() function like this…

=RunningSum([Original Value]; ([Product]))

That should do it.

Noel

Hi Noel,
Thanks for your response,
I have tried this formula already. I don’t think runningsum will work for these type of scenarios. We need to write custom formulas including contexts. that’s where I got struck up.

Why won’t it work? It is yielding the exact result you stated was required. I do not intend this to be mean-spirited in any way, but to get a good answer you need to ask a good question…

• Provide comprehensive sample data in a usable format which we can then build a report to directly address your issue. Screenshots can be helpful, but data that we can easily turn into a report is better. I copied the data from your table and used Convert CSV to SQL to transform it into a SQL statement which I could paste here if it is small. For a more lengthy SQL statement I would put in a dbfiddle. I then put into a free-hand SQL query. Or you could even mock up your scenario using the e-Fashion universe.

• clearly state what you have tried and why it is not working

There are probably other suggestion for posting a good question, but these will go a long way in getting yourself an answer.

Noel

you can try to remove Quarter from context with
ForAll ([Quarter])