BusinessObjects Board

Run The Macro When Save The Report

Hi All ,

I have one requirement,
The report is too large and client need the PDF report for each section.
Can any one help on this.

Thanks in advance…

Regards,
Reddy 8)

chanti_mps (BOB member since 2009-12-10)

Hi,

try this:

prompt the dimension in the section and schedule the report. Create an instance for every section. (format:PDF)

Hope this helps.

daniel_sun :de: (BOB member since 2010-04-28)

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance…

This is my second post regarding Macro i would be thanks for quick replay.
In My project we have urgent requirement.
Here i applied Section on COUNTRY. And used Macro which generates PDF separatly for each Section(By help of Forum Only)

Client requirement is they don’t want to run Macro manually every time , The Marco Should run when ever we saving the report ‘Sava As PDF’

Kindly do needful , Im new to use Macro option…

Regards,
Reddy :?

Hi
I don’t believe that a BO Document has an AfterSave action, therefore this would not be possible.
Cheers

PS, it is generally regarded as polite to acknowledge those who have contributed to your threads (something that you seem to have failed to do in your current threads)

pablolee :uk: (BOB member since 2008-07-29)

Hi,

What you could do is to add a new menu item (button) and hook your macro to this button.

So whenever users want to save the report into PDF they will use the button instead going to menu File -> Save As

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

There used to be a link similar to this that would save a BO report for each filtered value. I believe that could be modified to save a PDF for each distinct value.

If you can’t suss this out, let me know and I’ll see if I can’t dust off my coding hat.

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Moved to SDK forum, merged two topics

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks for ur replay,

Im unable to do this advice me…

Regards,
Srees

Just saying unable to do is not enough for us to help you :slight_smile:
Did you try the link provided by Digpen and if yes, at what point are you getting the issue. Paste the code you’re running

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)