BusinessObjects Board

Row level security in BOXIR2

Hi,

Can any one tell how to setup the row level security for more than 2000 users in BOXIR2

The client is not interested in DB level security. I dont have a clear picture of how to do it in the datamart.

Any idea/help is very much appreciated.

jey13 (BOB member since 2007-08-30)

You can login to Designer, open any universe and go to Tools->Manage Security->Manage Access Restrictions.
Add user/group and apply row level restriction.
For more details refer Designer XIR2 guide.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi,

Its like within the olf Supervisor but now it’s object centric like the security itself.
First create your restrictions (SQL restrctions, yable mapping …) and then give right on this restriction to group or user.
The best practise is to define it at group level only. Note that you can apply only one restriction per group.

Regards
Sebastien

Sebastien is correct, but that one restriction can have multiple actions, like column and row level security and max number of rows etc. So that will effectively be multiple restrictions.

Orange :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-18)

Another point: you can also play with goup inheritance and group membership o apply different restrictions to a user :wink:

Regards
Sebastien

Thanks for your response. For a limited no of Users without any Change , I can do it in row level . But my requirement is

1. No of Users are 2500
  2. Users detail may vary over a period of time(e.g user move from one dept to another)

So we thought of maintaining in the row level security is difficult. we wolud like to go for table level.

I know the basic detail about how to link the security table with the dimension table.

But i dont have any code that will update the table as well as apply the security . I will be thankful if i get any code

Hi,

Have a look on this post. Presentation made by Steve during an Insigth.

Regards
Sebastien

Thanks for your response.

I am using BOXIR2. I need to write a Code that supports my security in the table level. I came across some few codes in the forum . but unfortunately i dont know how to apply. This is my requirements.

1. Can anyone please tell how to apply for the large number of Users
  2. How to apply it in table level
  3. Any code that applies the security as well as update the security table also( is nothing but the aggregated table)

Anybody there ?.

Maybe you can use some external tools to do some bulk management …

Regards,

Correges and Smith :fr: (BOB member since 2007-02-26)