BusinessObjects Board

Row level Security Implementation?

Hi,

I have created a report on efashion universe with the following objects in the report. City, State, Category and Sales Revenue. I want to implement row level security on a group such that when a user under this group views or refreshes this report he should be able to see the rows related to the following categories such as Boatwear,Jeans,Jewlery,Pants,Outdoor only. Where as when a user outside this group access this report that user must see the data related to all the categories.
How can I implement row level security to achieve this and what security table need to be created in the efashion universe and what should be the query in the supervisor row access. please advise.

Thanks.

Baazigar :india: (BOB member since 2004-06-10)

This topic has been discussed a lot…

Search in this forum … using ‘row level security’…

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Yes I know, but I tried to implement the following on the efashion universe and do not see this happening.

Created following two tables A and B

Table A has following columns and values entered

Type text
Value text

Type Value
Category Bermudas
Category Jeans
Category Jewelry
Category Full length

Table B has following columns

User_ID text
Type text

User_ID Type
aaa Category

In the designer I brought in these above two tables and joined them on column Type

Created a group by name ‘Rowlevel’ and created a user ‘myuser’ under this group.

Added the following SQL in the supervisor

Article.lookup.Category IN (Select distinct A.Value from A where A.type=‘Category’ and B.User_ID=@Variable(‘BOUSER’)

Please help.

Thanks

Hi,

I do not see any response so far to my problem. Please respond with solutions or ideas you have. As per my explanation below let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks.

A) Check for the Business Objects generated SQL code in your data provider (within Reporter).

B) Your Business Objects user ID should be ‘aaa’ (same as in your security table).

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,

I checked the SQL generated in the data provider within the reporter but not able to see the user ID ‘aaa’. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks

You can’t make us answer these sorts of questions. Simply quoting yourself just to get your post up to the top isn’t going to help.

What you’re asking would take a lot of effort to explain on this sort of forum.

Have you read the papers availalbe on Security? How 'bout this one: Using Designer to Implement Row-Level Security

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Steve,

I did not quote to just get myself on top of the post, I had to edit because I had listed more values then required.
I have the document that you have sent and after reading that I tried to implement this. If you can answer fine else no problem.

Thanks for your time

[Moderator Edit on 10/31/06 – you could have edited your original post and noted that you had made some corrections. :wink: ]

Hi,

I am able to see the user id ‘aaa’ in the sql query generated in the data provider. The functionality is working fine now. I am able to achieve that I wanted.

Thanks