BusinessObjects Board

Row Level Restriction Based on Another Table

Hi, I’m wondering if its possible in supervisor to restrict the data for a user in a given table based on another table.

For example if I have table A with Empoyee No and Division and a table B with Salary Information (but no info on Division) can I restrict users on the data they bring back in table B on a restriction on table A.

E.g. TB_B where TB_A.Division = ‘Sales’

?

Thanks

haggama (BOB member since 2005-03-21)

Yes, there is nothing wrong with multiple tables being involved in row-level restrictions. We have a similar structure. Our fact table has cost center, yet we secure on hierarchy node. There is a mapping table between cost center and hierarchy node that is involved, and it works just fine.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayne is correct, but the solutions requires using a subquery in Supervisor. If you don’t use a subquery, then the table you’re checking won’t be included in the FROM clause of the regular query.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi,

i was asking exactly the same thing, but what do you mean by ‘using a subquery in Supervisor’? i don’t understand how/where you can put your subquery so that the table in the WHERE clause is included in the FROM clause?

thanks for help!
szarlot.

szarlot (BOB member since 2006-02-07)

Start here: Using Designer to Implement Row-Level Security

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)