BusinessObjects Board

Rotation button doesn't work

Hi,

I have the Rotation button who is active but the windows doesn’t appear. I thought that it involving a corruption of the preferences users in the registry but it makes it for any used account. I even erased all the BO keys of register in HKCU, but the problem persists.

Does anyone have an idea?

PS: I can’t easily make a new BO installation, the computer isn’t easily accessible.

Thanks,

Fandor

ChristopheA :fr: (BOB member since 2003-09-04)

Fandor – the Rotation button isn’t familiar to me – maybe it isn’t translating well from French to English? What is the button supposed to do?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Do you mean rotate table under the format menu? Can you tell us exactly what you did to invoke it? What version of Business Objects are you using?

Debbie Kelly :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi,
I found the BusinessObjects traduction: it’s the Slide and Dice button, sorry for my approximative traduction.
I found a post about this but all the workarounds don’t work (clear registry or Atl+Spacebar) and the problem is for all logins, not for one specifically.

Regards,

Fandor

Fandor, I think the problem you have with the other options you’ve tried, is that those settings are probably for the main BusinessObjects window, not for the Slice-and-Dice window.

I found an old post here which led me to a topic about where in the registry to find/change the settings for where the Query Panel shows up.

I looked at the registry settings for my login and hazarded a guess that Slice-and-Dice was probably represented by the entry called “Business Analyser”. I then opened up BusinessObjects and clicked Slice-and-Dice, and moved the windows and moved it. I again looked in the registry for my login’s settings for Business Analyser, and they had changed. So, I venture to guess that you could change the settings for the following registry key to get the Slice and Dice window to “reappear”:

My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BusinessObjects\BusinessObjects\5.0<substitute the userid here> User Prefs\Business Analyser

The MainWindow registry key for me when I had the window high to the left of my screen looked like: 1,13,30,953,566
when I moved it lower and right: 1,206,458,1146,994

I can not venture where the default settings are – but if you can fix the one or two users who are using the machine – I hope it’ll be ok. And, I hope I found the right registry key for you.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita, I will try this.

Fandor