BusinessObjects Board

Rights on Universe...

Hi

I’m struggling with access rigths… I have a group G1 which has a user U1. G1 in in the list of principals of a certain universe. I would suspect that U1 has the same rights in that universe as its group…

Seems not… The user can’t open reports to that universe…

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance !
P

pauljrg :belgium: (BOB member since 2011-09-13)

A) The user might belong to other groups with different set of rights
B) The user might explicitly have denied rights, which override group inheritance

On a related side note:
Have you looked at splitting your rights into: Applications rights (which can only be granted gloabally, meaning not content specific. E.g. A user can use WebiIntelligence or not) and CONTENT rights (which universe folders am I allowed to see, which report folders am I allowed to see, etc.)?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Only to one group

I only Grant rights, I never deny…

Thanks for the advice, I didn’t do that. But first I want to get it working as is now. Then I will finetune and optimize the whole setup. You may always provide more details about this subject, or add a link to somewhere explaining the setup.

Could someone please also summarize all the rights needed to view and refresh data in a report. Please also mention the level. For example, I don’t know if rights on a connection are needed to view and refresh data in a report…

Also this: When I try to open a report in InfoView with a non administrators account, I get this error message:
Cannot open document. (Error: INF)

Thanks in advance.
P[/b][/quote]

pauljrg :belgium: (BOB member since 2011-09-13)

Hi

Just try restarting WbIntellignce processing server it might helpyou regarding this error.

Thanks & Regards

chin2G (BOB member since 2010-10-02)

Hi,

For Access issue i owuld suggest that just check the connection associated with universe in CMC under connection and ensure that user\group having view on demand atleast to refresh the data.

Thanks & Regards

chin2G (BOB member since 2010-10-02)

Please, see: XI 3.0 Security for Mere Mortals for advanced topics on security.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)