BusinessObjects Board

Returning 'NO Products Available' in one,many or ALL prompt

Hi ,

How do I change the prompt for one, many or all values to give me ‘No Product discounts Available’ when there is No actual product discount available? Here is the psuedo code for selecting one, many or all values of a prompt:

Products.Product_discount in @Prompt(‘Enter discount rate’,‘A’,)
or
‘*’ in @Prompt(‘Enter discount rate’,‘A’,)

I want to change this to give me ‘No Product discounts Available’ instead of ‘No Data to fetch’ when user selects All values manually and there is no data that meets all of the entered values. The ‘*’ functions OK and the 'No Product dicounts shows but if the user selects all values manually, it gives no data to fetch. SO i want to change this to:

case when Products.Product_discount is NUll then ‘No Product discounts Available’
else
Products.Product_discount in @Prompt(‘Enter discount rate’,‘A’,)
or
‘*’ in @Prompt(‘Enter discount rate’,‘A’,)
end case

but this gives the error of missing keyword.

Does anyone know how to give ‘No PRoducts Available’ instead of returning no data to fetch when user selects all the values individually and not ‘*’ and there is no data to show!!

thanks,
ajq
:hb:

anushajq (BOB member since 2005-02-22)

Without using the SDK, no.

You could test for 0 row counts and display and hide cells depending upon the results received by each DP.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Could you explain what you mean by hide cell for 0 count. How and where do I have to do it ? Is it done using the SDK?

anushajq (BOB member since 2005-02-22)

No, you can set this by clicking on the cell and selecting cell format, appearance choosing hide the cell depending when there is a row count >0.

You can show the cell by using a standard if then else variable row count =0 and display your message.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Please Check this out.

Refer link

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

pinku (BOB member since 2006-08-23)