BusinessObjects Board

Retrieve Personal documents from a deleted user

Hi,

Does someone know if it’s possible to retrieve Personal documents from a user who has been deleted from the repository? :frowning:

tnx.

Paula (BOB member since 2003-07-23)

Hi Paula and Welcome to BOB :mrgreen: .

Personal documents aren’t stored in the repository if they’re created in Webi. They’re on the server in a directory with the same name as the user.

If he/she had documents they were sent by someone else and they hadn’t been retrieved, those would have been in the repository and may be gone.

Documents they created in full client or Zabo would be on their local PC in userdocs.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

tnx!

Paula (BOB member since 2003-07-23)

And this is one thing to keep in mind whenever deleting users:
Move and backup their personal documents from the WebI server otherwise they will stay around forever!

I wish:
Business Objects Supervisor would somehow take care of this mess and automatically prompt the supervisor when deleting a user ID along the lines of: “There are personal documents for this user, do you want to transfer them to another user” :roll_eyes:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Don’t forget to put it on the wish list. :wink:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Good luck – the repository could be used on 10 different WebI servers. There’s no link between a repository and a WebI server at all at the moment as far as I know (except from the WebI server perspective – I mean the repository has no entries for what servers are using it).

craigpeters :us: (BOB member since 2003-05-09)