BusinessObjects Board

Resumption after Realtime job runs

Hello All and especially Manoj if you are there,

We have developed a solution that features a data flow calling Realtime services using the RUN_REALTIME_SERVICE web service that is supplied with BODS, with content being passed to and read from the Realtime service as part of the parameters of the web service.

This works really well in my Development environment.

However when I promote to the Test environment I see a “hesitation” on the completion of the running of the called Realtime job.

In Dev the calling data flow would immediately resume on completion of the Realtime job called by the RUN_REALTIME_SERVICE web service.
In Test for the exact same content (migrated via a Central Repo) the behaviour is different in that the calling data flow does not resume immediately, instead it takes approx 10 seconds before it does so.

The two servers involved are of the same spec aside from the Test server having 4 processors rather than 2 (so you would think that would help!)

The BODS versions are:

Dev - 14.2.3.549 plus a hack file from Manoj to allow https connection to an external web service to work

Test - 14.2.3.961 which is the patch version that contains the fix that Dev has the temporary fix for

my fear is that the later version has introduced something that affects performance.

I would be very pleased to hear suggestions of any other things (settings, config, resources) that might be the cause of this performance discrepancy.

thanks

Icytrue

icytrue (BOB member since 2006-04-10)

Hi there,

We are having a similar problem with real time jobs on different systems running at different speeds and talking a long time to start up again ready for the next execution.

Did you ever get a response to this?

John

johnb (BOB member since 2006-07-05)