BusinessObjects Board

Repository Question

We are Migrating to Oracle 9I and we were to setup Testing for the Same. We were supposed to modify some reports to point to the New Database and Repository. These reports will then be sued by the Testing Team to check the performance, technology and Data

1. Using Designer we created a copy of the existing Universe and Change the connection to the New 9I Database with the User-id and Password Provided.

2. We Changed couple of reports to point to this new Universe

3. The DBA’s copied the repository from the Old database to the 9I Database

We now tried to refresh the Report. The report does correctly goes to the New Database where the Data Resides. However the Repository seem to point to the Old Database. This was found when the Test Tool recorded the whole process.

I also went to the supervisor ans saw only one Universe , domain and security which was all pointing to our existing database8I). I beleive this is our existing database.

I beleive I have to do something more for the reports to point to the new repository. Somebody was talking about new BoMAin Key. I am not sure what steps I need to take to set the repository correctly and not affecting the existing production environment (8I)

cravie (BOB member since 2005-04-20)

Regarding your repository move you might want to start with this Supervisor FAQ entry.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)