BusinessObjects Board

Report taking extra time to get refreshed

Hi,

When I refresh my webi reports,they are taking around 13min to get refreshed.
In universe I dont have a single join/context.
At report level I have checked,there is not a single extra unused variable.
One thing is there in my reports,there are around 57 data providers in my query,though universe is same but they are fetching different data based on particular filters in their query.
When I check the sql that is getting generated,its very simple sql not having much joins only 3-4 joins and this query is fetching data from either view or sometimes table.

Please help me in reducing the query refresh time i.e. where to look for performance improvement.

Regards,
Arun Yadav

binnu23 :india: (BOB member since 2010-05-21)

:blue:

Surely you must be able to reduce the number these?!
Business Objects executes the SQL in sequence, rather than in parallel, so I would try and reduce the number of data providers If I were you.

Is the database indexed effectively, can you replace the views with tables?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

As Mak said, reduce the number of data providers, might be you need additional functionality to be incorporated in the universe to help you with that.
See also Why is my report so slow, an oldie but goldie 8)

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks a lot for your valuable tips.

Right now my report is just taking few seconds to get refreshed,after I chenged array fetch size value to 750.Earlier it was 250.

I want to know whether its allowed or not and is there any negative impact of keeping high value for array fetch size.
Because regarding one other value “maximum refresh time”,it’s set to 10min and admin denied to extend this to 15min at production server.
So i want to know whether changing array fetch size is allowed and what are the cons of modifying this ?

Thanks a lot for your time.

binnu23 :india: (BOB member since 2010-05-21)

There is a possibility that changing this value could make other reports perform worse than before, but this is not a given.
You will have to check some of the other reports that run against this universe to check the impact.

Hi,

It requires more memory. But if RAM is not a problem then having array fetch size high should not cause a problem.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hence, why you should treat with caution, especially, if you have a large number of reports running / scheduled at once 8) .

In addition to Mareks comment, it also depends on the speed / capacity of the network…if you have a high performance network this shouldn’t be an issue.