BusinessObjects Board

Report takes longer to display the output

Hello Experts,
Could you please tell me how long a Webi report will usually take to format (text wrap, table positions, cell allignment) a report of around 100,000 rows retrieved by the underlying query?

I am having an issue with a report where the query takes around 1 minute to retrieve 100,000 rows from toad/oracle and Webi takes additional 9 minutes to display the report. The report does not have any complex variables. It has 2 tabs with no sections or grouping.

My next step is to switch on/off each properties used in the report and see what is causing this problem.

I wonder if anybody has seen this problem and if there are any settings in CMC to make it faster.

anair_bo :us: (BOB member since 2006-12-05)

What viewer are you using ? If java then it will take time to process.

Can you change the WebI viewer to some other and refresh the report ?

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

That’s a lot of data for a Webi report. Yes, it can take a long time. Are you displaying it in Quick Display mode? That will save some time, as it doesn’t have to paginate the report.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Thankyou for your responses.

@Bo_Chief: The reports are in Interactive mode so it is Java.

@Michael : What is quick display mode? How do I try that?

Here is my analysis so far :-
I moved the report to one of my test environment where the report query takes 15 seconds due to low data volume of around 30,000 rows.

When I refresh this report , it took 1 minute 20 seconds as processing and another 1 minute 10 seconds as Retreiving/Decoding time .

Thanks to the below wonderful forum , I switched off the auto height /auto width property for the cells and the retreivign/decoding time came to 1 second. Thats awesome!! So this will take away 3-4 minutes for this report in Production.

https://bobj-board.org/t/155190

Now my next research is for the processing time . 1 minute 20 seconds is crazy for 15 seconds query. May be some universe or cmc level setting?

anair_bo :us: (BOB member since 2006-12-05)

On the toolbar, just left of the View Structure button, you’ll see the Quick Display Mode button.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)