BusinessObjects Board

Report Table column not appearing in excell intermitent

Hi All,

I have a problem. I have a report that sections by “region” by period (a number of weeks) and the latest week

When Exporting as a PDf the report returns exactly the same data as the .rep file.

when I export it to excell on a number of regions a column that displays “growth” ( this is a calculated measure, made from info from two Dp’s) is displayed in the excell output with all bar three of the regions.

Within the regions that this column is not reported the Location identifier dimension is displayed twice.

Excell hasnt reached any limitations. This is getting to be a real pain.
Any ideas

ListerS :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-24)

There are multiple ways to “export” your data to Excel. Which method are you using?

One way to get the displayed table into Excel is documented in this entry from the Reporter FAQ, a “sticky” at the top of this forum.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Just a thought, but did you try applying a manual “demerge” on all cells in Excel after export?

Platypus :australia: (BOB member since 2002-10-23)

Ive tried a manual de-merge on the data, there is nothing there to de-merge.
This report gets re-freshed in the publisher queue and then sent to multiple recipents in both PDF and Excell formats as a document.

When attempting to replicate in BO im just using the “Save as” .xls option.

Saving the data in any other format however, i.e text etc, shows that the data is present.

this occurs regularly for a certain number and range of regions.
question being if the data is in the original, and visiblle just extracting in txt etc, why are these intermitent colums having their content effectively masked when exporting to .xls?

ListerS :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-24)