BusinessObjects Board

Report Run Duration

Hi,

I need to find the duration of report run time? Can someone please let me know if there is any way…

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

In InfoView, you should have the option “interactive” set for the infoView display. Then, when you double-click on a report to “view” it in infoView. On one of the tabs you now have in the bottomleft corner of your report, you can see the duration of the query last time.

hope this helps

Binabik

pderop (BOB member since 2010-10-27)

Thanks for your help on this.

Actually I was looking to find the duration of many reports together and the solution you gave is time consuming, else I can also try to use LastExecutionTime function, can you please let me know if there is a way to find duration for multiple reports?

Hey ! have u tried the Excel macro tool which used to give us the rep information , I remember it used to give duration info along with that , (Report ID,Folder Location, Universes Used, Categories,End Date.End Time,Duration,CUID , etc)

Thanks,
Preethi

preethi.psm :india: (BOB member since 2010-07-02)

Preethi, thanks for your input, Can you please help me finding that utility or let me know the name of that utility so that I can try to search?

Aniket,

I have an excel output alone which shows the details of reports along with duration, I have misplaced that macro file somewhere , not able to find it .

similar to that ,in BOB itself, theres an excel

but not sure how far it will records those details, there would be lots of macro available , if this one is not working for u search for better macro.

Thanks,
Preethi

preethi.psm :india: (BOB member since 2010-07-02)

Hey Preethi, thanks for that link, but it is not working for me, I am on 3.1 and I have pasted the error there, let’s see If I can get some help :slight_smile:

Activity Universe? Seems like the easiest way to me.

mcnelson :uk: (BOB member since 2008-10-09)

Never found a proper answer for this so wanted to post this question one more time-

How do you determine report run time/ Query execution time of a report?
and let says if there are multiple queries running in the document, how do you determine the execution time for each individual queries running in the document?
LastExecutionTime() time is based on a previous run estimate and Query Summary Template(Query duration info inside it) option too is similar to last executiontime()

karna :kuwait: (BOB member since 2010-03-07)