BusinessObjects Board

Report not being refreshed at the 3'rd time

Hi all,
Again, I’m in need of your wizdom… :confused:

One of my users has a report which we’re able to refresh twice successfuly (and change the promts value) and at the third (4’th,5’th etc.) time we don’t get the prompt window but we do get the “The following data prividers have not been successfult refreshed…” message… followed (after 8 trials) by the beloved blue bug… :x

The report: 2 DP, one of which has 2 selects, prompt for a date, lots of vars, DB-oracle.
The workstations which I’ve tried this report: FC,win2k.

Any ideas? what to check? (…kill the user? :yesnod: build the report again? :nonod: )

Thanks in advance.

v_reiss (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Wierd…
Have you tried refreshing one DP at a time? Go to Tools/View Data and refresh each one a few times to see if the problem persists. It may point to which DP the problem lies.

//Joe

joeoc :ireland: (BOB member since 2002-11-18)

1. What happens if you paste the BO generated SQL and execute it from SQL Station or SQL plus?
  2. Can you rule out that this is not an Oracle DB related problem (DB server busy, locks on tables etc.)
  3. Are there any unused variables in the BO document? If so remove them.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

See if https://bobj-board.org/t/15541 helps

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

1. If I execute each DP at a time - it works fine (I’ve tried more then 4 times).
  2. If I take it to SQL Plus - it works fine (also - tried more then 4 times).
  3. Another report, which is similar (2 DPs etc) runs fine, so don’t think I could blame oracle…
  4. As for unused variables - I wasn’t abled to find any.

What I’ll do is to erase all variables and build them again…
Hope it helps.

Thanks all for the advice.

v_reiss (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yes you are right, wipe out all the Variables and create them again
Defintely it should resolve your issue

Sometime Variable ??

Happy reporting on a sunday

gowthaman (BOB member since 2002-08-15)