BusinessObjects Board

Report Metadata (6.x) Tables Vs Reports

Hi,

The question might have discussed many times in the forum but couldn’t find the exact match hence submitting.

The requirement is to find out the Report Name against tables used to create the same. Where can I find this information from BO 6.x repository tables?

Ex:

Report A - Table A, Table B
Report B - Table C, Table D
Report C - Table E, Table A

I’m going through the repository tables but couldn’t find the source tables stored anywhere.

Your help is much appreciated.

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

Hi,

I am afraid but this is not stored in the BO repository tables. The best what you can get are sources of each individual data providers in a Bo document. Check OBJ_M_DOCATVAR table. However, you will not find there which tables are used in DPs. You will find there the name of a universe or if a DP is free-hand SQL, …

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thank you Marek.

I have started opening each report and editing the SQL to find the tables used in as there seems be no way of finding it.

Hi,

If you have only DeskI reports then you can use this utility to get SQLs of all DPs of all the reports:

Hi Marek,

Yes. I have only DeskI Reports and have only 6.5 installed(I do have 3.1 in a separate machine).

I have downloaded your DeskI Inspector and tried to open the same in 3.1 but it came out with complete “blank”. I do not have any obejcts in the report.

The document does not contain any :slight_smile:

It has only some VBA code and 2 forms. You need to enable macros when the report is being opened. If you did not get such warning then simply run ThisDocument.Start_DeskI_documents_inspector macro. It will then display the main form.

Thank you. I didn’t know what it was hence asked.

Between, I’m getting the error message saying that "Object property or library not found’

I’m getting the error in the below line.

Set MyFiles = MyFolder.Files
For Each MyFile In MyFiles
If UCase(Right (MyFile.Name, 4)) = “.REP” Then i = i + 1
Next MyFile

I have BO xi3.1 and selected the following library from Tools -> Preferences->

Business Objects Designer 12.0 Object Library.

Could you please let me know the cause for this issue?

Hi,

The following references/libraries are used in the utility that works on XIr2:

• Visual Basic For Applications
  • BusinessObjects 11.5 Object Library
  • OLE Automation
  • Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
  • Microsoft Scripting Runtime
  • Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)
  • Parameter Prompting Library 11.5

Check whether some of them is not missing in your version and you will need to change the BO 11.5 libraries to 12.0 libraries.

It was an excellent job from you. Too good and your help is highly appreciated. I’m able to get what I need from this macro.