BusinessObjects Board

Report Level Variables List

hi

Is there any way to get the list of report level variables with the formulaes associated for a particular report.

If yes please show me the path to reach the solution.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Aniket

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Assuming you mean full client (Reporter / Desktop Intelligence) documents, look here … List report level variables in full client reports.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Dwayne Hoffpauir.

it’s really very useful , i saw it and it worked.

but actually i was looking for WEBI report variables , i do understood till now there is no such thing , otherwise you would definately had given solution to me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Aniket

Try this:

DocumentInstance documentInstance = reportEngine.openDocument(infoObject.getID());

ReportDictionary reportDictionary = documentInstance.getDictionary();
	VariableExpression[] variableExpressions = reportDictionary.getVariables();
	VariableExpression variableExpression = null;

out.print("<TABLE BORDER=1>");
	out.print("<TR STYLE='background-color: khaki; font-weight:bold; text-align: center'><TD>Name</TD><TD>Formula</TD></TR>");
	for (int i=0; i<variableExpressions.length; i++) {
		variableExpression = variableExpressions[i];
		out.print("<TR><TD>" + variableExpression.getName() + "</TD><TD>" + variableExpression.getFormula().getValue() + "</TD></TR>");
	}
	out.print("</TABLE>");

darcstorm :philippines: (BOB member since 2008-07-22)

Hi Darcstorm

Can you please tell me where i need to write this code?

it has to be written in Excel macro or DESKI vb macro ?

Please provide me the startup point , it would be of great help to me.

Thanks
Aniket

The code I posted is java code and you would normally place this code in a JSP as part of a Web application.
There is no VBA macro counterpart for this.
The reason being is that this makes use of the Report Engine SDK and is only available in Java or .Net and the VBA macros makes use COM.
If you want to access a WebI document through code then you have no choice but to use the Report Engine SDK since that is the only SDK that can access WebI documents.

Can you give me idea regarding the Report Engine SDK ?

Means do I need to install it individually , or it comes with the BO XI R2 SP2 ?

Thanks
Aniket

The Report Engine SDK comes with BOE and if you are using the Java SDK, then you do not need to do any further installation.
You just need an application server such as Tomcat (which could also be installed with BOE) and the applicable JAR files.

However, if you want to use the .Net SDK and you are developing your application on a seperate machine from the BOE installation then you will need to install the SDK (which is installed with the client components).

I would suggest that you refer to the DevLibrary for more details:
http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm

Below is a direct links to how to assemble a Java Web Application using the SDK:
http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/en/RE_SDK/resdk_dg_doc/doc/resdk_java_DeployWebApp_dg/ewuap023.html#1026796