BusinessObjects Board

Report is taking long time to populate data into webi Report

Hi All,

I have 3 Reports(2 Schedule Report), when running takes long time to populate data into the report.

when sql run against Oracle db, then the query is taking 25 mins to return data at DB Level but at report level takes over an hour to return data for all 3 reports.
Time Varies when I or user run the report at different time(like 10am, 1pm, 4pm) from 1hr to 14mins.
Is it a business object Issue? what are the ways to improve performance at the report level.

Any help would really be appreciated!

–
Thanks,

MIUSA (BOB member since 2011-05-01)

Hi,

How many rows are retrieved by the SQL in total?

When you run an SQL in a query tool, usualy only first 100 (or such small number) rows are retrieved. On the other hand, WebI report needs to retrieve ALL records first and only then renders the results.

So again, how many rows does the SQL fetch in total? If it’s a bug number then expect that the fetch phase will take some time.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,

Thanks for quick response.

SQL Query returning more number of records(>100) at DB Level.
when 1st user run the report at 1pm, report is taking 1hr to populate the data.
when 2nd user run the report at 1.10pm, same report is taking 15mins to populate data.
or Vice Versa.
So, Is this the issue with query? Any suggestions for how to improve performance to this reports.

–
Thanks,

MIUSA (BOB member since 2011-05-01)

So how many in total?

Very likely yes.

You need to talk to your DBA about an execution plan of the query and how to tune the performance.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

See also Why is my report so slow, an oldie but goldie.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)