BusinessObjects Board

Report Conversion Tool Admin Rights?

Hello,
I have been doing a LOT of DeskI to WebI conversions recently, yes, DeskI.

The server we were working on was a Windows 2008 R2 server which is being decommissioned and replaced with a 2012 server. In the processes of this decommissioning the Server admins took the users who are converting reports out of the Administrators group, except 1 user, even in the existing 2008 R2 box we have used for a while now.

I cam across a post from a while ago referring to admin rights for RCT: https://bobj-board.org/t/211943

The server has both 3.1 and 4.2 client tools (yes I know not advised but we only have 1 server allocated to do this with), and a lot of the DeskI reports are FHSQL, remaining are UNV.

After the admin removed our access, we tried to re-run reports that converted successfully before and they failed. Assumed it was just admin rights. Then had the user who still had rights run it and they failed. Odd. Had that user run another set that worked. Then we tried some other FHSQL reports as non-admins and they worked…

So I am a little confused. I assume it has to be a permission somewhere, some file that was locked or blocking, etc… but not sure. Does anyone have any insight on Windows rights for RCT and specific permissions, such as %TEMP%, %TMP%, or C:\Windows\Temp?

Thanks in Advance.
Nathan

ntruhan (BOB member since 2015-07-14)

Same situation with RCT ~ BOI 4.2SP09 . It works on client PC with admin rights.
so far I have figured out with procmon that RCT wants to store many different kind of files to different folders: eg
\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging,
\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\BRepository
\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

where is not allowed (write) for users. Some path is possible to change in registry. For other folder I changed the permissions to write for users - then it works at least…

BR Tomas