BusinessObjects Board

Report based on BO repository universe

Hello,

I need guidance on how to build the following report: names of all the reports that use a particular table (eg. Table AAA) from the BO repository universe.

The problem is that I do not know what tables and joins to use in the BO repository universe to eventually create this report.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ani K :canada: (BOB member since 2004-10-28)

Even in legacy versions of BusinessObjects (4.x, 5.x, 6.x) the information about reports is not in the repository, even if they have been exported to the document domain.

Documents are stored as BLOBs in the document domain, and are not query-able.

I glanced through the alphabetized list of Bob’s Downloads, but I didn’t find any SDK solutions that others have written to share that would scan through reports on your hard drive. I thought someone had something, but I couldn’t find it.

The closest I could find were two utilities written by Dwayne Hoffpauir and Dave Rathbun that list objects used in documents.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I’m able to run a report that fetches the following:

Documents by Universe
Universes by Table.

There seems to be a disconnect(nothing to join on) between the UNV_TABLE and the OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS tables.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Ani K :canada: (BOB member since 2004-10-28)

OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS doesn’t tell you which tables were used in the SQL for the Data Providers in a particular document. That information is part of the BLOB that is in OBJ_X_DOCUMENTS.

A Universe has many tables, but usually not all of them get used in any one query based on the universe.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)