BusinessObjects Board

Replacing BO Logo in XIR2

Could someone tell me what’s the easiest way to replace BO logo with client’s logo?

BO123 (BOB member since 2006-09-18)

You need to do 2 things. Let’s say your custom logo is called companyLogo.gif
Login to CMC and navigate to BusinessObjects Enterprise Application=>Infoview=>Properties:
Display custom logo at this URL: companyLogo.gif

Then go to the server and put the file companyLogo.gif in schema.blue. For tomcat on Unix it is located in:
$BOBJE_HOME/tomcat/webapps/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/InfoView/res/schema.blue
Where $BOBJE_HOME is the BOXIR2 installation directory.

Hope this helps.

rachidb :morocco: (BOB member since 2006-07-06)

Thanks a ton! It works :slight_smile:

BO123 (BOB member since 2006-09-18)

What about changing the logo on the home page when you first Log Into InfoView? I would like to replace this with a custom Logo.

mcliffordgoo :us: (BOB member since 2003-02-13)

Hi Rachbel,
What path do we need to put the logo file if its a Windows Server.

Thanks,
Kon

konquistador :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-04)

There are two main spots you can put a custom log a) top left hand side of infoview just underneith the address bar and b) the Infoview home page (Currently defaulted to Business Object XI Relase 2).

The path for a) is “B:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\InfoView\res\schema.blue”

The path for b) is :?:

Does anyone have any idea on how to change the Infoview home page logo?

mcliffordgoo :us: (BOB member since 2003-02-13)

I think I just posted this question too. Desperate here :hb:

dbobrow (BOB member since 2006-10-17)

Changing the Business Objects Logo in Infoview Portal to Company Custom Logo:

Instead of simply displaying a solid color in the header of Infoview, the code applies a gradient from white to the color specified in CMC custom header color.

This is really only useful for adding company logos with white backgrounds in Infoview and Performance Management , this code is clearly identified and can be commented if not required in the file.

More information on this is available at

EnterpriseArchitect :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-23)