BusinessObjects Board

.rep file growing from 600k to 400 MEGABYTES

We have recently upgraded from 5.1.8 to 6.5.

On some reports we have they have gone from being 600k files to being 400 megabytes.

They have 10 tabs on the report, and about 6 different queries but none of them are huge as they take about a minute to refresh and return a maximum of 1200 rows.

anyone else had a similar problem?

THANKS

Simon :roll_eyes:

MrT (BOB member since 2005-09-28)

Hello MrT,

First of all, welcome to the BusinessObjects Board :smiley:

For your problem of report, the 1st idea coming to my mind is about the report itself: have you checked in the data provider that you don’t get duplicate rows?

Have you also checked in the cube if you really have a lot of data loaded?

If none of the causes above can explain your problem, then:
1 - how much data will you get if you use the SQL of your data providers in applications like TOAD, SQL navigator…?
2 - Is it long and hard to recreate the report(s)?
3 - In a recent post (1 or 2 weeks old) in this “reporter” section, someone has explained how to get rid of “phantom” data from Data Providers. You can perform a search to find it. Edit: So I supposed it would be a little tough for you to find it so here is the link (see explanation from “kool”): https://bobj-board.org/t/47504.

Good luck.

elallema :fr: (BOB member since 2004-12-23)

Are you using SP2? There is a bug in SP2 that causes reports to explode if they are saved in SP2, then open and saved with 6.5.1.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yes we are!

Do you know if there is a fix available yet?

Regards

Simon

MrT (BOB member since 2005-09-28)

I have a bug report in and am waiting for a fix…

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

This issue has been recognized as a Bug and a Hotfix(1321) is available to solve this.

Mayo :belgium: (BOB member since 2004-04-08)

I’m having this problem, but I can’t find this hotfix from BOBJ. Is that the right number?

keno (BOB member since 2004-12-13)

You’ll have to contact BO Support for this.
The correct number is 1321 on version 6.5.1 and 1464 on ersion 6.1.3.

Unfortunately the hot fix doesn’t resolve the issue completely:
When you create a report with a patched BO and afterwards open and save this report in an unpatched BO of the same version (6.1.3 or 6.5.1), then you suddenly have the issue within these versions!

So we currently have opened a case to have a hotfix on these hotfixes… :reallymad:

Mayo :belgium: (BOB member since 2004-04-08)

I suggest you to install SP2 on 651 then last MHF instead of CHF which are less garanted

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)