BusinessObjects Board

removing un used formulas

Hi Guys,
I am having a report which uses many formulas. I created them and later i had to change the formauls i used in the report with some minor modifications. Now i want to remove all the unused formulas in the report.

Is there any easy way to remove them. I don’t want to go and check each formula and remove it manually.

Thanks Guys for all the help
YSS

yss (BOB member since 2005-02-26)

Data - variables. select and remove.

xen :india: (BOB member since 2004-11-13)

Hi,
I wanted to know if there is any other way to remove all the variable that are not used in the report automatically.

There are a lot of such i my report and i don’t have so much time to go and do it manually one by one.

Thanks guys I appreciate your help
YSS

The short answer is no. In my opinion, this deficiency is also what contributes to the “file bloat” over time. I’m not convinced that they are ever REALLY deleted, even if you do it manually :nonod: . I’ve tried to use the object model (VBA SDK) to find unused variables, but it simply isn’t robust enough to be definitive.

On our team, we have reverted to a “start from scratch” approach whenever we create a new report. It’s tempting to find a similar one and clone, but I think this is what leads to the file bloat and unexplained crashes over time. OK … I feel better now :rotf: !

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

There is no foolproof way. Here’s another discussion on the subject.

However, if you use variables rather than formulas, you will help to cut down on some of the bloat. Each time you change a non-variable formula, the old formula is still in the document. (Search for links on the tech support site for some of Dave Rathbun’s past user conference presentations - or check out his Integra site for downloads - on “Variables”.)

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks for the update guys…this leaves me nochoice but to ahead and do it manually…

regards,
YSS