BusinessObjects Board

Removing the port number from the URL

Does anyone know how to remove the port number from the URL?

I’ve researched a lot of the threads and everything points to altering the port number in the server.xml file from 8080 to 80. However, when we open this file, we notice that there the connector section does not exist. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

indy (BOB member since 2004-04-08)

Is your App/Web server running on port 8080? If it is they you will need port 8080 in your url. You can install IIS or Apache and do some configuration so the BOE url is port 80, and IIS or Apache passes through to 8080.

cduey :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

Somehow our other servers are accessing port 80 without installing either IIS or Apache. We do not need to type in the port number after the ip address…

Answer: Modify the Server.xml file to point to port 80

Hi ,

I have a question regarding th URL, Can we have a short URL for the BO Server? :?:

So insted of give the clinet the full bath we can tell him to just type “BO” or “Infoview” in the address and it automaticaly take him to the BO server.

Thanks

DataAdmin :bahrain: (BOB member since 2006-08-23)

Yes, talk to your Network team to get a DNS Alias created. So when some one enters your alias name in the browser it will be redirected to your BO servers.

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)

Thanks dear I will try it… :slight_smile:

DataAdmin :bahrain: (BOB member since 2006-08-23)

Here is the solution …

Web Server (Tomcat) Home page Redirection to Business Objects XIR2 Logon Page without typing the port number in the Infoview URL

More Information available at this forum thread.

EnterpriseArchitect :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-23)