BusinessObjects Board

Remove Objects

Hi All,

Regarding the data restructure issue, I’m going to remove some objects from an universe (although I should not remove objects but i have no choice :nonod: ) so how could I extract a list of documents that will be affected?

Thanks your help,
Terry

terrywong (BOB member since 2005-07-07)

HI,

I would recommend the safer way - do not delete the objects but hide them. Users wont be able to use them and the reports will still work.

However, if you really need to delete the objects from the universe then you may find this utility useful.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

my universe is too mixed up so I’ve to clean it up… thank you for your advise. :smiley:

is it possible to retrieve them from repository database instead? :?

it is becuase the reports i have created are all in Webi

No, this information is not stored in the BO repository tables :nonod:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Do you have auditing turned on? You could check the audit logs.
They’ll show who used the objects, on what document and when.
Will work as long as you’re talking about objects and not predefined conditions.

dfranke :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

that’s too bad… :frowning:

thank you for your advise~

Yes, I’ve auditing turned on but it just the very recently action… how can i check the audit log? is it the exporter tool that installed in the server?

If auditing is turned on and is writing to a database … then you’ll have a coulple of tables of data that should help.

The first table records that an event occurred (OBJ_A_EVENT_LOG). The second table records detailes about the event (OBJ_A_EVENT_DETL).

The object names will be in the detail table.

I don’t have access to my system right now so can only speak in generalities. Search BOB for information about the audit tables. Also, maybe there is a universe in BOB Downloads?

Deb

dfranke :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)