BusinessObjects Board

Regeneration of BOMain.Key issue

We are moving our BO Repository to a new Database server. I wanted to test this locally first on my cliet computer. Our BOMain.Key uses an ODBC connection. I first went into my local ODBC Admin and changed to the new server name. I then went into Supervisor and regenerated a new BOMain.Key to a local directory pointing to the above DSN. I then deleted the LSI file, renamed the current BOMain.Key to BOMainOld.key then placed the new BOMain.Key in the LocData directory.

I opened up SUpervisor and it opened fine, however when I go into the Repository domains it states the server is not responding for the Universe and Document domain. Is there something I missed? Do I need to place this new BOMain.key on the Nodes? I figured since I wasn’t using 3-tier that just replacing locally would work. Would appreciate any input, thanks! Kevin

Lerdakpd (BOB member since 2005-04-03)

You need to modify the universe and document domains to point those domains to the new bo repository ODBC connection that you modifeid before. By default it only modifies the security domain not the remaing domains.

Rajua99 :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-16)

Please, take also a look at the Supervisor FAQ section, keywords: moving the repository

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thank you both, however, I am still running into a snag. We have 3 nodes that I have to place the BOMain.Key (We don’t use a shared directory). I go on one of the nodes, I regenerate the new BOMain.Key. I then try to go into Supervisor to update the Universe and Document domain, however it states that the key was not used to create the lsi file. I have read on other posts that I am to delete the LSI file. The only LSI files I am finding on the node are in the directory (cluster)/Shared/audit. There are multiple folders in here that contain LSI files. Is there something I am missing to set this up on the nodes for Infoview?

Thank you again for the input, I truly appreciate it, Kevin

Lerdakpd (BOB member since 2005-04-03)

So did you delete all the *.lsi files?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)