BusinessObjects Board

Refreshing data takes long time in InfoView

Hi,

When I refresh data on a report, it takes a very long time to come back. The actual SQL takes only 5 minutes to run in the database, but not sure why Infoview takes forever to return the results. Even Infoview indicates that the Last Refresh Time was only 5 minutes. Is there something else going on that’s causing the long delay? Please advise?

gjwl_8 (BOB member since 2010-02-17)

Hi,

1. How complex is the report?
  2. Did you tru to see the logs on how much actual time it takes to refresh the report?
  3. If it’s avery complex report then it would certinaly take atleast 5 minutes for SQL as you said plus the time taken to compute eveyrthing on the report.

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

there are 4 kinds of delays

1. Query Execution time (Database side-in your case 5 mins)
  2. Transferring results across the network to the client/web browser (network bandwidth & latency
    3)Computing local report variables, formulas, local report filters, alerters, etc. within the report
  3. Rendering the page (page layout, page margins, page numbers, etc.)

I your case I think you should look at 2,3 and 4th step
for more details see this FAQ: Reporter

Raghvendra Deshpande :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-26)

Hi,

Please check if to much of computation is going on at the report front, if so put the calculations at universe level.

Cheers
Shailesh :+1:

shhh (BOB member since 2007-10-19)

Gary,

You have cross posted, this is against the forum rules.

https://bobj-board.org/t/148905

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Please do not cross-post. It leads to fragmented discussions and is against our forum rules. Continue in the above link given by Mak 1.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)