BusinessObjects Board

Recovering a broken report? Possible?

Well, stupidly I hadn’t saved my whole morning’s work and I was applying conditional filters to hide sections/blocks when BO threw an unhandled exception error. I hit save and aborted (again, with hindsight, not the best idea)

I now have a report that opens straight into the error!! :frowning:

Is there anything I can do to recover the document or am i resigned to start again?

Also, has anyone else encountered this (5.1.8 ), I was hiding a section based on a formula that checked for a null in a user created variable in the block.

norty303 :uk: (BOB member since 2003-03-19)

try send it to BO customer support but I think they will reply you you have to recreate it again… I don’t think it exists tools for cleaning corrupted reports or let me know :cry:

Bo files are structured stored files or compound objects and you can edit it with etree app (see etree.com)

with this, you can open the report in a tree view (it’s look like bo registry) and editing / deleting keys. You can try this way but you would be very lucky removing the probleme on this way

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

I don’t think this FAQ will help, given that you still have a .rep file, but it might just be worth searching to see if you can find any kind of tmp file created about that point. Also remember that you can open the file with notepad to look at the basic sql, but thats a long way from the finished report!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)