BusinessObjects Board

Re. New objects and Aggregate Navigation

Hi,

In my Universe there are about 50 aggregate tables. Aggregate navigation is used to define which objects are compatible with these aggregate tables. If I add new objects they are automatically marked as compatible, meaning I have to manually mark these as incompatible. Is there an easier way of doing this? Maybe making all new objects incompatible by default?

cheers

Alistair

FrustratedScot :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-27)

New Objects will not be set to incompatible unless you either manually set them as such, or automatically using ‘Detect Incompatibility’ in the Aggregate Navigation tool. Any reason why you can’t do the latter?

I try to keep manually set incompatibilities to an absolute minimum (if at all), as there is no easy way of seeing what’s been done (apart from the very useful tool at https://bobj-board.org/t/141886)

anorak :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-13)

Thanks for the reply. We’ve tried using the auto-detect feature within aggregate navigation but discovered that it gets it wrong most of the time so we always do this manually.

FrustratedScot :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-27)

Strange…using @Aggregate_Awareness in combination with Contexts, I’ve never had any real issues with the automatic detection. Manually setting it for 50 aggregate tables must be a nightmare!

anorak :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-13)