BusinessObjects Board

Question related to Yesterday data ?

Hi,
Need Help with the below task.
I have a data set which brings in all the dates not in specific order which is coming from one view, Task is to get Yesterday Data logic behind is.

Yesterday logic:
For example if today is monday the data should add up Friday+Saturday+Sunday and remaining. When its Tuesday it will bring Monday information So On and Even should take care of Holidays in a year.

thanksalottoyou :india: (BOB member since 2010-11-08)

Ask your universe designer to create a predefined condition (=universe filter) for this. Easy as cake using some standard SQL function such as Sysdate (Oracle) and/or a smart calendar table, which must exist in the database/datamart. If you want to take into account holidays (which vary from country to country and even from state to state) you MUST use a smart calendar table (see: http://www.kimballgroup.com/1997/07/10/its-time-for-time/ ), which your ETL/DW team must build in the database. Your universe designer will then have to incorporate it, also not too difficult if you know what you are doing and have a good foundation with SQL :wink:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thank you, I already have an calander table in SQL server which I joined with the view in universe.
Can you help me with the condition.

A quick forum search will take you here:

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

As an alternative , without the use of SQL , please see

rgoulart :brazil: (BOB member since 2011-08-21)

Thank you it helped :slight_smile:

=RelativeDate(CurrentDate();-1)

FSmith37 (BOB member since 2009-11-16)

Did you read the original question?