BusinessObjects Board

query interactively and add to the report

Hi all,

I have 2 data providers which are using the same universe. ie Query on Universe

one data provider is used for fixed (retuns 4 columns) based condition given by user (selection from combo box values thru vba macro) and are used in the report.

second data provider is to query based on the selection, that means interactively u are passing select statement and also condition also to be passed interactively this returns only 2 columns .

for report i need to add 4 +2 = 6 columns to the report output.

i know how to use only “one” data provider with fixed no. of columns but, HOW TO CREATE “SECOND” DATA PROVIDER INTERACTIVELU AND AGAIN THE SAME TO USE IN THE REPORT MIXED WITH DATA PROVIDER “ONE”.

thanx.

asurendraz (BOB member since 2004-08-11)

I think you can create a VBA data provider in which you can fire a query against the database using the conditions and prompts given in 1st query.

Or create a second dataprovider and use the same prompts as used in the 1st query. hope this helps.

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

I was all ready to reference my soapbox post, then I realized that asurendraz also initiated that topic, so they have heard it before :rotf: .

So you’re saying that for your second data provider, you want to create a front-end that dynamically lets the user choose the result columns and conditions, right? While it sounds an awful lot like the built-in query panel, it is possible (within limits) to create a universe-based data provider with code. This post in BOB’s Downloads copies a data provider. A copy of course is creating a new data provider, so you may get some hints from that utility.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)