BusinessObjects Board

Query from Bo repository to know if an object is used or not

Hi all,
I’d need a query to retrieve the report_name where a specified objects is used.
I mean, In my universe I have the objects “PIPPO” that I want to delete but I do not know if this object is used in some report or not.

I could identify the reports that use the universe “XXXX” by using the following query:
SELECT
WA_DOCUMENTS.M_DOC_N_ID,
WA_DOCUMENTS.M_DOC_C_NAME
FROM
WA_DOCUMENTS,
WA_OBJ_M_DOCATVAR
WHERE
( WA_DOCUMENTS.M_DOC_N_ID=WA_OBJ_M_DOCATVAR.M_DOC_N_ID )
AND (
WA_DOCUMENTS.M_DOC_C_TYPE_EXT = ‘REP’
AND WA_OBJ_M_DOCATVAR.M_SRC_C_NAME = ‘xxxx’
)
but I’d like to add the condition on the above mentioned object “Pippo”.
Many thanks in advance!

lizard_queen2005 :it: (BOB member since 2005-06-24)

Hi,

there is not such information in the BO repository regarding what universe object is used in what BO report. :nonod:

You will need to use some VBA macro that will pull out this information for you from the set of documents.
The best start for you should be this code from Dave Rathbun:

Marek

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Marek, thanks 4 yr answer…I knew there was this macro, but, unfortunately, I don’t know VB and I have not time to “understand” how to use and customize this script…I mean, for sure it is not too difficult but I was looking for someting easier, and, most of all, faster :lol: .

However, thanks again!

Liz

lizard_queen2005 – many of us appreciate when folks avoid IM/SMS-type abbreviations. Please take the extra second or so to spell out for rather than 4, your rather than yr, for example.][/color]

If you want something faster, and aren’t willing to use the script that someone else wrote – you’ll just have to open up each document and look. As Marek said, there’s nothing in the repository.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Just curious, but isn’t this exactly the type of thing that Metadata Integrator does? And if so, doesn’t it create tables in the DI repository to maintain that information that you could then query?

• Ernie

eepjr24 :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-16)

lizard_queen2005, just a question.

Have you Auditor installed in your system. In fact, if I well remember, “WA_” views are not part of BO repository but are views created by BO Auditor Product :confused:

Then, you can’t do such query in an easy way.

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi Ernie, unfortunately I don’t know so much about Metadata Integrator…but I’m going to inform about it, and verify if I could solve my problem in this way.
Thanks!

Hi, infact I have Auditor installed in my system and I created a universe to “map” the Bo repository tables…I used an approach similar to the “managero” unv that is available in the download section.
But I must admit that the WA_ views have been added by a collegue on this universe for other issues :wink: