BusinessObjects Board

Query for All Universes & Folders for a specific User Group

If anyone is good with Query Builder or knows how to run a query to obtain a list of all universes associated with a user group and another query of all folders associated with a specific user group and could share that information, it would be very helpful!

This topic might be of use:

Thank you MarkP, but I actually already have that information. I was hoping to obtain the list of universes and folders per ‘User Group’ versus user. Any other ideas?

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this using QueryBuilder as QB doesn’t include any security information. You have to use one of the SDKs to get to that information.

You could run a security query in the CMC to get the information, but that doesn’t easily print or export.

So, you have two other options:

1. Purchase third-party software that will do this - APOS and Wiisdom both have software for this.

2. Write code using either the .NET or the Java SDK to get the information. If you’re interested in doing this, I may have some sample code I can post to get you started.

-Dell

Use the built in Query Tool in the CMC.

In User and Groups, find the group you want to query > right click > Tools > Create Security Query

On the create security query page,
Query permissions - check do not query by permissions
Query context - check the first box, select Universes (or Folders) from the drop down.
Depending on how/where you have security applied, you may need to check the query sub object box .
Submit the query
You use column filters on the results page to filter out object types you don’t want to see, i.e. folder name when looks at universes