BusinessObjects Board

Q about relation between reports and usernames in CMS DB

Dears,

Could you please advice as all the BO users have access direct (i.e. users does not exist in group) to reports are lost there access?

Is there any way to know the relation between the users and reports from cms database as relations5 table has only the relations between groups and reports ?

servers OS : windows 2003

DB : oracle 10g

BO : XR R2

ahmed.gad (BOB member since 2009-05-15)

If I understand you correctly, all of your users are assigned individual access to specific reports - you’re not using the best practice of assigning users to groups and then assigning groups access to folders. Is that correct?

Starting with the original XI version of BO, there is no way to get the relationships between users and reports directly from the CMS database as most of the relevant information is stored in a proprietary binary format. I would check in the Downloads forum here on BOB - I believe there is a tool available that will pull this information from the CMS using the functionality that’s available in the SDK.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for late reply,

actual more than 90 % of users access the report using group but the problem in the rest 150 users out of 1500 , those 150 users were need spacial handling that why we grant them access directly.

Could you please advice by the exact tool name, as it will help us to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Ahmed Gad

I don’t have an exact tool name - I usually write my own tools. I would do a search in the BOB’s Downloads forum. One tool that I found there that might help is here: Excel utility with several lists.

If you have someone who can update C#.NET code, there is a sample on my website that might also help - www.dellstinnett.com/sample_code.html. Look for the BOUserAudit utility.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

thanks for valauble tool and code , but still both didn’t show the user report relation.