BusinessObjects Board

prompts problem

Hi i am using bo 6.5.1 ,
i have a report with a prompts which ask the user to enter the start date and end dates,
so what i want is that when that prompts shows up everytime, in the start date it should display always the beginning date of the year eg 1-1-06 and end date should be today’s date 2-13-06( date when that report is run)
user should also have the facility to change those default dates
how can we do that??
thanks

rgupta97 :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

I ran simple serch in the Forum saying “Default values in prompt” and found useful information.

Following link is very close to your issue.

Hope this will help you.

Sujit Patange.

sujit_patange (BOB member since 2005-07-19)

Well…you can use the UserResponse() function to access the dates that are entered at the prompts. Remember that they will be stored in character format, so you’ll need to convert them to dates. You could then do something like use the Year() function on the start date and concatentate that with 01/01/. So far as the end date goes you could use the function CurrentDate() or you could use the LastExecutionDate() function.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

how can we use CurrentDay() , LastExecutionDate() functions with the existing prompts,remember it has to be a prompt ans these has been made in designer 6.5.1.
thanks

rgupta97 :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

Is your BO on windows box or Unix ? One of the easiest way is using Macro’s :slight_smile:

– Venkat

VenkatCh (BOB member since 2005-03-04)