BusinessObjects Board

Prompts Drop down lists

Hi,

It seems pretty basic, but I cant figure this. I have parent and child customers. The webi report lets us create orders for each of the customers based on the criteria, and the date prompts (drop down list).

Till last week (I am pretty sure) the drop down list would show only dates that are applicable for the customer. So if there were no dates for that customer it will show empty drop down boxes (actually it is not pretty, but was acceptable). Is this because of the sql?

We had a problem this week, and performed scan and repair. After that the drop down lists shows all the dates in the system even if there is no data for those days for the customer. I cant figure what could have happened.

Now the dates are not automatically refreshed. BO tech support asked to check Automatic Refresh before use. This was not checked in earlier. I am not sure if that will slow down the system. :crazy_face:

Did anyone have/had similar problem? Thanks

amulya (BOB member since 2003-09-05)

The only way for prompts to act the way you describe is to use what’s called Cascading Prompts. In that case, the prompts come up subsequently, instead of all at the same time.

If you had that, and it went away, there could be a number of reasons, including changes to the universe, or changes to the document. Has there been any changes to the universe lately?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

No changes to the document or Universe in last 1 week. I will check on cascading prompts. Thanks.

amulya (BOB member since 2003-09-05)