BusinessObjects Board

@ prompt

Created 2 prompts…

1)CRRCLM_CD_DS

dbo.ZLDT020_CRRCLM.CRRCLM_CD_DS in @Prompt(‘Select Curiiculum’,‘A’,‘Crrclm\CRRCLM_CD_DS’,Multi,Constrained)

1. crrclm_track_CD_dS

dbo.ZLDT894_TRACK_CD.CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_DS in @Prompt(‘What Crrclm Track?’,‘A’,‘CrrclmTrack\CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_DS’,Multi,Constrained)

But how do I show values in CRRCLM_TRACK_cD_dS based on CRRCLM_cD_dS picked by the user

I need 2 prompts ONE FOR crrclm and the other for TRACK.Is there a way we can control the 2nd prompt so that based on the 1st prompt values we get corresponding values in the 2nd prompt?

Thanks,

Prasad

kprasadreddy (BOB member since 2004-07-02)

That is an enhancement request that I’d love to see implemented – it is not currently a built-in feature. Alternatively, you can take a look at Cascading Prompts.

Here’s a short writeup on cascading prompts in our Designer: FAQ.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Any help on this…Can this be acheived any way…?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I can’t get this to work…Any help from any BO GURUS out there…Some one should be able to give me a solution.

Thanks,

Prasad

what errors/issues are you facing :?: Link provided by Anita has almost everything to create nested/cascading prompts.

gaurav (BOB member since 2004-02-19)

I do not get any error messages but cannot get the 2nd prompt values based on the 1st prompt instead I get all the values in the 2nd prompt no matter what I select in the first prompt…

Can any one send me the detailed steps for creating cascading prompt’s from the database…

I have CRRCLM_CD_dS and CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_dS objects created

CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_dS: dbo.ZLDT894_TRACK_CD.CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_DS
CRRCLM_CD_dS :dbo.ZLDT020_CRRCLM.CRRCLM_CD_DS

and then I created 2 prompts one for each

CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_DS

dbo.ZLDT894_TRACK_CD.CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_DS in @Prompt(‘What Crrclm Track?’,‘A’,‘CrrclmTrack\CRRCLM_TRACK_CD_DS’,Multi,Constrained)

dbo.ZLDT020_CRRCLM.CRRCLM_CD_DS in @Prompt(‘Select Curriculum’,‘A’,‘Crrclm\CRRCLM_CD_DS’,Multi,Constrained)

and now I want the user to select CRRCLM_cD_dS AS IST PROMPT and depending on the value selected in 1st prompt values in CRRCLM_CD_TRACK_cD values are to be displayed.

Both the columns are in table ZLDT075_CRRCLM_CRS…

How is this done.?

Attached is the universe…
CompAssm.unv (16.0 KB)

you can NOT create two prompts and have values for second prompt change according to first prompt, unless you use sdk. you have to create one object A and for LOV’s of A you should create a prompt asking for object B. So when the report is refreshed, you will be asked for entering values of B. And then the values shown for A will be based on values you provide for B. In this case you will see only one text box at a time.

gaurav (BOB member since 2004-02-19)

Sounds like classic cascading prompts to me. I’d also love to see this implemented in Designer.

Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Has anyone implemented this in sdk or any other way…Let me know…

Thanks,

Prasad