BusinessObjects Board

Prompt with Null value

Hi,

Is it possible in prompt with out choosing value or entering value to refresh report. I have tried to refresh the report with out giving input value but run query button has disabled.
Could u please advice me is there any way to refresh the report with empty value in prompt. This is one of our report requirement, its failed in UA test now

Thanks,
Prompt.doc (36.0 KB)

svsenni (BOB member since 2005-04-28)

Hi,

Optional prompts are available only from BO XI 3 version.

In lower versions of BO, if there is a prompt then a user must insert a value otherwise the refresh button is disabled.

Check also “All in LOV” concept that could be used in your case:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Optional prompts - while available in Webi now - are not yet officially supported in Designer, or at least that is my understanding. You would have to create your prompts in Webi rather than in your universe.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi,

I am not able to find this option in webi 3.1 version, could you please help me how to set the optional value in prompt at report level.

Thanks,

When you build a prompt in the report, there is a checkbox. I don’t remember what the exact label is, but it should be easy to identify.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Svsenni,
In Webi XI3.1 when you create a prompt in the report.
Just next to the prompt on left side there is a small icon, which is the Prompt properties.

You need to click on that to be able to do the following

• Prompt with list of values
  • Keep last values selected
  • Select only from list
  • Optional prompt

Here is one blog which show this.

http://blog.mohanraj.org/2009/07/sap-businessobjects-xi-31.html

Hope this helps you!!

GNK_BO (BOB member since 2007-07-17)

Hi Ya,

Thanks for your help, its working fine.