BusinessObjects Board

Prompt Default Value

Does anybody know how to inster a default value in the promt which is called from the Designer.
Here is my prompt line, so where does the default value go??

“ULUSRDTA.ICLDTMRP.MANCD IN @Prompt (‘Client Adviser OR % for all’, ‘A’, {‘ULUSRDTA.ICLDTMRP.MANCD’}, MULTI,FREE)
OR (’%’ in @Prompt (‘Client Adviser OR % for all’, ‘A’, {‘ULUSRDTA.ICLDTMRP.MANCD’}, MULTI,FREE))”
thanks

hovsepyan :uk: (BOB member since 2005-11-02)

Hi,

This is not easily done without VBA. See this post below

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

Hello and welcome to B:mrgreen:B.

When you create a new report where the dataprovider contains a prompt, the prompt has no default value. Once you run such report and insert a value for the prompt and then you SAVE this report, the inserted prompt value becomes the default prompt value for the next time you open the report.

I hope I did not confuse you 8)

Marek

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

hi marekchladny, this option is not going to work, because its not one person running this report, varions people may run it from time to time and hence i dont want the last person’s selection to be saved on there.

I just explained where the “default” prompt values come from in the reports when you open them and refresh.

The real default value for the prompts can be achieved through VBA. Have a look into the SDK (VBA/ASP/JSP) part of BOB.

Marek

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

yeah thanks for that. i think i am not going to bother, i will just duplicate the report and have 2 versions of it… thanks everyone