BusinessObjects Board

Prompt an universe level

Hi all,

I have a quite complicated prompt at universe level, what I want to do is make it optional, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot do this at universe level and I am therefore populating it with a ‘*’. This is working ok, but the prompt is giving the user the option to type in a value, I only want them to be able to choose from a list, but I am not sure which part of the following controls that part :? .

Can anyone point out where I am going wrong?

@Prompt(‘Select Unit’,‘A’,‘Lov Objects\Unit - Unit’, MULTI,FREE,Not_Persistent,{’*’},)

Many thanks,
Jen.

Jenm1 :uk: (BOB member since 2007-07-06)

Oops having a silly day I think, just needed to change ‘FREE’ to ‘CONSTRAINED’.

If anyone has any other ways of making universe prompts optional though I would be interested.

Jen :slight_smile:

Adding “Optional” as the last parameter in the extended syntax makes the prompt optional. This worked in XI 3.1

@Prompt(‘Select Unit’,‘A’,‘Lov Objects\Unit - Unit’, MULTI,FREE,Not_Persistent,{’*’},Optional)

msr :us: (BOB member since 2008-04-24)

Hi msr.

So I could take out the {’*’} part? And the prompt wont appear as mandatory via infoview?

I did try this but had trouble with it.

Jen.

Unfortunately optional prompt at universe level cannot be used directly, it has to be used along side a while card/default value. Agree that it is not as much helpful.

msr :us: (BOB member since 2008-04-24)

Optional prompt only works with dimension object. so in webi when you use a dimension object in query filter area and choose it to be a prompt’ A prompt property icon appears right next to it.

click on it an check the box “optional prompt”,

I tried earlier this year with one of my requirement to make a condition object optional. and conclusion was, we simply can not do it…

Ozzie6935 :us: (BOB member since 2010-12-03)

see FAQ: Designer and FAQ: Designer
for using all.

This is the work around using ALL / * in prompts at universe level.

BO)_User :us: (BOB member since 2010-03-01)