BusinessObjects Board

Prompt - All values

I’m working on 6.5. In the report user wanted to pick all the values for a particular prompt. Can u someone tell me how to do that. I thought of selecting all the values from the List of Values available but i get spool space error.

Moderator comment: Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB, such as “u” for “you”. We are an international community, and spelling out the words will make BOB easier for everyone.

diya (BOB member since 2005-09-19)

Hi,

please read this BO Designer’s FAQ.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Is teradata your Database ?
If it is teradata then your userid don’t have enough spool space to run the SQL that you are trying to.

kool :nepal: (BOB member since 2005-04-15)

Yes it is Teradata. So if the user wanted to select all , waht can i do

marekchladny had suggested what to do. You can create */All to select all the values

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Can u please explain little bit more reg */All
Thanks

Diya,

You should read Cindy Claytons FAQ. It’s not much more than creating a predefined condition. In the prompt you state that ‘’ gives the user all the results. In the SQL-code you make a where-clause with two branches (or-statement) : one branch where the user inserts the values he/she wants, and one with '’, which results in all the results.

pseudocode :

@prompt = ‘user input’
or
‘*’ in @prompt

The FAQ is very clear, so you should give it a go.

pehuyghe :belgium: (BOB member since 2004-05-18)

Since your Database is teradata, i am asking you some questions that might be helpful to get rid of your problem.

1. Does your universe use views instead of table ?
    If yes then ask your DBA to optimize the views since it might have been long time since he/she optimized it.
  2. What is the spool size of your userid ?
    If you don’t know the answer then go ask your DBA about Spool size of your userid.
  3. how much spool space it takes to run BO SQL ?
    If you don’t know then ask your DBA.

Once you know the answers of above questions, it will be lot more easier for you to follow the guiderline provided by other members, otherwise you will end up spooling out every time you make some changes to the SQL.

kool :nepal: (BOB member since 2005-04-15)