BusinessObjects Board

Problem with repointing the domains

Hi,
I cloned my repository tables to a diffent schema in the same database.I recreate the keys and tried to change the connection of Universe and Document domain.It didnot give any error,but at the end when I check therough Supervisor >>Tool>>Repository, it is showing the old user id and pass word for universe and document domains. So when I try to import the universe/report after some time it gives “Universe/Report cannnot import” .Ho can I repoint the universe and document domain ? I am using DB2 7.2 in Mainframe.

Thanks
hari

haribalakrishnan (BOB member since 2003-04-10)

First of all, don’t do anything until this is fixed. If you import / export / scan / repair / compact… things could get really really ugly. Especially if your original repository is production. :blue:

You need to fix the connections. You have to log in as General Supervisor, open each domain, and update the connection. Make sure that you have proper permissions on the underlying tables.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Dave,
I log in as General Supervisor, opened each domain, and update the connection.I have used the new userid,password and the new “Owner” name in advanced tab.It did not give any error meassage.But again when I check through Supervisor >>Tool>>Repository, it is showing the old user id and pass word for universe and document domains.There after if I try ,I an unable to import the universes and documents.

Is it any thing with the user rights at the DB level ?
Hari

haribalakrishnan (BOB member since 2003-04-10)

Isn’t this a continuation of this topic?

I ran out of answers there, but I still suspect some sort of corruption happened – would you concur, Dave?

I’m locking this topic. Continue discussion in the original one noted above.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)