BusinessObjects Board

Problem with my prompt

Hello I am getting error in my prompt any help?Thanks so much

W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,‘Case Identification\Upi’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’}) OR ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,‘Case Identification\Upi’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’})

toblerone65 (BOB member since 2009-08-21)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

What kind of error is it?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

It says invalid definition UNV0023
In Select clause I have W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI

and where I have W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,‘Case Identification\Upi’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’}) OR ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,‘Case Identification\Upi’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’})

If this:

'Case Identification\Upi'

is the very same object that you are defining then first remove the above code from the @prompt() function and parse the object. It should work now. Then finish the object by using Apply button. And now add the above syntax to the @prompt() function.

Did it work?

You mean like this?
W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,‘W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’}) OR ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,‘W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’}) I still get error

I also tried
W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,’ ‘,Multi,free,{‘ALL’}) OR ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,’ ',Multi,free,{‘ALL’})

First try this:

W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt('Coder Name or ALL','A',,Multi,free,{'ALL'}) OR 'ALL' IN @Prompt('Coder Name or ALL','A',,Multi,free,{'ALL'})

Does the above works and parses well?

Hi Marek I tried it, still giving me the same error, By the way I use XI R2
I used excatly above
W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’}) OR ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Coder Name or ALL’,‘A’,Multi,free,{‘ALL’})

Then is this working?

W026DTI1.LIHEA_PAYMENTS.UPI IN @Prompt('Coder Name or ALL','A',,multi,free) OR 'ALL' IN @Prompt('Coder Name or ALL','A',,multi,free)

Works like charm, thanks a ton. This forum is really really helpful:-)
Toby

Cool 8)

But I think that you have another problem now - the LOV does not contain “ALL”. Can you verify that?

If that’s true then check this Designer FAQ about how to get ALL into LOV:

Your are right, also i am not getting LOV’s at all, but when I enter ALL, then I am able to see list of LOV’s, I have to test this in webi yet, but I am guessing when user enters ALL it will automatically selects all the lov’s present, I am right?, thanks again.
T

Yes, when users type ALL in the prompt it will work and the condition will retrieve everything. It’s just that the LOV will not contain “ALL” item/option. Check it and see :slight_smile: