BusinessObjects Board

Problem with Cascading prompt

Hi,

I have a problem to implement Cascading prompts.

We are converting our reports from BRIO to BOXI. In BRIO we have 2 prompts that are cascaded ( To say in hierarchy Aprompt—> Bprompt).
A prompt cascades promt B.

When we try to implement the same in BOXI we couldnt, To implement cascading prompt we had 1st prompt(A) in Universe and the other in report level(B).

When i run the report ,B is right aligned with A(saying its been cascaded), but to match the SQL generated of BRIO and BOXI I need to add the same prompt A in report level also… which results in 3 prompts totally…

That is A—>B and again A

How to implement Cascading of prompts at Universe level itself to make it 2 prompts that is required or any other possible soln… ASAP plzzzz

Regards,
ATM

Goutham (BOB member since 2008-08-20)

Can you elaborate on this?

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

“When i run the report ,B is right aligned with A(saying its been cascaded), but to match the SQL generated of BRIO and BOXI I need to add the same prompt A in report level also… which results in 3 prompts totally”

In BRIO cascading is internal… A pops up after B…When A is selected B is cacsacded automatically…

The SQL from BRIO has the 2 prompts in “where” condn(A and B)… where as in
BOXI ,since the 1st prompt is in Universe level(inorder to implement cascading) the SQL generated in BOXI doesnt hvae 1st prompt in “where” condn…
So i included 1st prompt “A” again at report level… So totally i got 2 times prompt A repeated… Which should be avoided…

Goutham (BOB member since 2008-08-20)

In BOBJ, cascading of prompts is handled within the same prompt by modifying the LOV object
There is no need to create another prompt in webI to be reflected in the SQL, rather do it in universe

Read more on cascading prompts from Designer FAQ here

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)