Fund id Unitholder Id Units
ABC
UH1 500
UH2 1000
UH4 200

DEF UH1 700
UH3 400
UH4 2000

In the above scenario there is a section applied at fund level. And a filter is applied to Unitholder where the report has to show only unithodler with balence less than 600. As per the report filter (Unithoder id <600 ) the data should show

ABC
UH1 500
UH4 200

DEF
UH3 400

But the report is showing as

ABC
UH1 500
UH4 200

DEF UH1 700
UH3 400

Under Fund DEF, UH1 is showing as per the condition it should not show. Kindly let me know if the scenario is as per the above how to filter the data in the report so that UH1 at fund DEF will not show in the report.

Regards
Chandra

vcoreddy11 (BOB member since 2006-09-02)

Is there any grouping in the report, i.e. are these figures sums?
If so, you will need to create a complex filter.

yes these are aggregated by using sum function. it is measure object with data type numeric.

I have created filter using Format filters and defined the formula as unitbalence <600.

Do you have multiple rows in the DataProviders for DEF UH1, which sum to 700 within the report? Because filters are applied before report aggregation is done. See Why can’t I filter on a Report Aggregate? from our Reporter FAQ.

You’d have to build the DataProvider to return a single row with the value 700 in it, in order for it to be affected by the filter.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Only one row is showing for UH1 Under DEF and another row under ABC.

The report objects were Fund id , Unitholder Id , Units and the conditions were Date <= 11-1-2006.
So the report shows the units for that Unitholder as of that date.

Why is it becoming complicated. Please anyone can suggest.

-Chandra

Can you post the report on here so that we can have a look?
If not, you can email it me and I’ll take a look.

Can any one try the above and let us know what needs to be done plzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks Anita for this post. I was able to figure out the problem with filters with “forced” aggregate objects. Once i removed the aggregation type from the object definition, i was able to apply filters on the measure object.

Regards,
PG

gulpal (BOB member since 2002-09-24)

1.) You didn’t provide the report, so what do you want someone to do? Mark P offered to take a look at it, but you haven’t uploaded it as an attachment.

2.) I’m still not sure whether you are looking at a single row in the Report Block versus what is in the Data Provider – to see that, you’d have to click Data ==> View Data ==> to get into the Data Manager panel and look at the raw data that was returned into the microcube by your query panel. Filters are applied on that raw data, not on what you see in a Report Block.

3.) Moderator comment: Please try to use correct spellings on BOB, such as “please” rather than “plzzzz”. We are an international community, and spelling out the words will make BOB easier for everyone.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)