BusinessObjects Board

Problem while Downloading report into excel sheet

I have created a report using an Universe in Infoview and saved it. Report has been executed and downloaded into CSV file.It was downloaded fine.

Again I have changed some columns of the report and downloaded.In the downloaded report , old report columns are coming though the columns are not present in the current report.

I edited the report by changing column position and saved as a new report. Still old version columns are coming in while downloading the report into CSV file.

Lakshmi Narayana .Ch :india: (BOB member since 2005-11-09)

Hi,

Try deleting the CSV file rather than overwriting it. It may solve the problem.

By the way, what’s the version your are using.

girish.grover :india: (BOB member since 2004-11-19)

While you may have removed the columns from your displayed report – I bet the columns are still in the data provider. If you use “Export” from Data Manager – it is exporting the data provider, not the formatted report.

If you can, remove the columns from the query panel, so that the query panel returns the columns you want to export.

If that doesn’t work for you, then use one of the other ways to get data into Excel. Here are some alternatives from our Reporter FAQ.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Click the ‘Run’ button in the query panel…

I found sometimes by clicking ‘Refresh’ it will not remove some columns from the DP. But it works fine when we refresh it by clicking ‘Run’ button in the query panel.

Good Luck

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

I just realized that this is a WebI question. Please tell us which version of WebI you are using – and a moderator can move it out of the full-client forum to the correct WebI forum. :wink:

I am using version 2.7.4 of Webi

Lakshmi Narayana .Ch :india: (BOB member since 2005-11-09)

Moved from “Building Reports” -> BusinessObjects Classic subforum to the -> WebI 1.x/2.x subforum.