BusinessObjects Board

Problem running report - Obsolete objects?!!!

Greetings my B.O. friends!

I developed a report about 2 weeks ago on a universe I designed. The report was working fine until two things happened. Firstly, the connections to the universe were changed so I had to re-configure my universe ( to use the new connections). Secondly, I removed a couple of objects from the universe before exporting it.

When I tried running my report, I got an error message like the following:

“Some obsolete objects have been removed from the query”

Now I don’t get it. The objects I removed are not part of my report. What would cause this problem and what’s the best way to solve it?!

I really don’t want to re-write the report as I’ve done that twice already!

Your help would be appreciated.

dreameR.78 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-08-22)

Hi,

To be sure your report don’t use these objects you deleted try to use on this report Dwayne’s macro (list of objects used in a set of report)

Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion but where do I get this macro from and how do I use it as I have never run a macro on a business objects report before.

Thanks for your help in advance.

[quote:63ea557ae2=“dreameR.78”]Thanks for your suggestion but where do I get this macro from and how do I use it as I have never run a macro on a business objects report before.
[/quote]

The utility can be found here, but I don’t think it will help. The macro documents all (well, most) of the objects used in a series of reports, but it will still throw the “obsolete objects have been removed” message, I’m afraid. If you can temporarily point your data provider to a copy of the original universe, that may help!

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi again,

Thanks for the link. I will add that to my BO favourites list in case I need it one day :wink:

I’ve decided to stop wasting time and re-build the report… AGAIN :reallymad:

Hi Dwayne,

It must be test but i think your macro will work even if you work with universe you don’t have access to (there are no rights checks !).

But sure also if (obsolete) objects are used in condition you won’t see them using this macro !!!

Regards