BusinessObjects Board

problem in linking reports with mutiple parameters

My linking and drill report
i dragged and ropped the month and year objects in the Drill bar

My code works as passes the parmeters to child report only for if i drop down and select any one month and any one year

it doesnt work if i select All Month and All Year I also changed the prompt to InList in Child report I thought lsM in code will take multiple parameters

="<a href=\"http://<servername>:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&amp;stype=wid&amp;Refresh=Y&amp;sWindow=New&amp;sDocName=Detail_Report&amp;lsMEnter+Month:="+[Month]+"&amp;lsMEnter+Year:="+[Year]+"&amp;lsSEnter+Sal:="+[SalesPersonName]+"\">"+[SalesPersonName]+"</a>" 

any advise please? am i doing anything wrong

arjunanand :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-30)

Hi arjunanand,

First, The &lsM parameter and In List operator work hand-in-hand; if the prompt in the child report uses In List, then the openDocument URL must use &lsM, else the parameter-passing won’t work.

The URL can only pass the value that is present in the report block, in that row. If you want to pass the value of the Drill Filters, then you need to pass “DrillFilters(“The object name”)” instead.

Finally, if you want to pass All values, you first need to configure the prompt in the child report to accept “ALL” as a parameter. See the Designer FAQ for info. Once that’s done, you again use DrillFilters, but build a formula around it to pass “ALL” when no filter selection is made. For example:

=If(DrillFilters("The object name")="";"ALL";DrillFilters("The object name"))

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I was able to create a ALL in the LOV of the month object in the universe.
can you please explain how to pass this ALL as a prompt to the child report?

Thanks

I did – that was the last code snippet I included in my last message.

=If(DrillFilters("The object name")="";"ALL";DrillFilters("The object name"))

where should i include this code in the child report in open doc code or??
need to create varaible in child reprot with this code?

You would use this in place of [Month] and [Year] in the variable that creates the URL. Just replace “The object name” with the name of each object.

Thanks for the reply

this is how it should resemble right

="<a href=\http://<servername>:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&amp;stype=wid&amp;Refresh=Y&amp;sWindow=New&amp;sDocName=Detail_Report&amp;lsSEnter+Month:=If(DrillFilters(+[Month]+")="";"ALL";DrillFilters("+[Month]+"))&amp;lsSEnter+Year:=If(DrillFilters("+[Year]+")="";"ALL";DrillFilters("+[Year]+")) &amp;lsSEnter+Revenue+Category:="+[Revenue Category]+"&amp;lsSEnter+Sal:="+[SalesPersonName]+"\">"+[SalesPersonName]+"</a>"

Close; the If statement should be outside of the double-quotes.

Also “sType” is case sensitive, and you should have sRefresh instead of Refresh.

Joe

Thanks joe
I changed the refresh and stype
but i didnt get you

[quote the If statement should be outside of the double-quotes. [/quote]
where do you mean?
can you please tell me where it would be

You have:

...lsSEnter+Month:=If(DrillFilters(+[Month]+")="";"ALL";DrillFilters("+[Month]+"))&amp;lsSEnter+Year:...

should be:

...lsSEnter+Month:=" + If(DrillFilters("Month")="";"ALL";DrillFilters("Month")) + "&amp;lsSEnter+Year:...